In this program, you’ll learn to calculate the area of a triangle and display it.
To understand this example, you should have the knowledge of following Python programming topics:
- WHAT IS PYTHON? THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE CODE WITH PYTHON
- HOW DO I GET AND INSTALL PYTHON?
- PYTHON PRIMITIVES – VARIABLES, BUILT-IN DATA TYPES, COMMENTS, SYNTAX, AND SEMANTICS
- CODING APPROACHES IN PYTHON
- STYLE GUIDE FOR PROGRAMMING PYTHON CODE
- ERRORS AND EXCEPTIONS IN PYTHON
If a, b and c are three sides of a triangle. Then,
s = (a+b+c)/2
area = √(s(s-a)*(s-b)*(s-c))
# Python Program to find the area of triangle a = 5 b = 6 c = 7 # Uncomment below to take inputs from the user # a = float(input('Enter first side: ')) # b = float(input('Enter second side: ')) # c = float(input('Enter third side: ')) # calculate the semi-perimeter s = (a + b + c) / 2 # calculate the area area = (s*(s-a)*(s-b)*(s-c)) ** 0.5 print('The area of the triangle is %0.2f' %area)
The area of the triangle is 14.70
In this program, area of the triangle is calculated when three sides are given using Heron’s formula.
If you need to calculate area of a triangle depending upon the input from the user, input() function can be used.