In this example, you will learn to generate a random number in Python.
To understand this example, you should have the knowledge of following Python programming topics:
- WHAT IS PYTHON? THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE CODE WITH PYTHON
- HOW DO I GET AND INSTALL PYTHON?
- PYTHON PRIMITIVES – VARIABLES, BUILT-IN DATA TYPES, COMMENTS, SYNTAX, AND SEMANTICS
- CODING APPROACHES IN PYTHON
- STYLE GUIDE FOR PROGRAMMING PYTHON CODE
- ERRORS AND EXCEPTIONS IN PYTHON
To generate random number in Python, randint() function is used. This function is defined in random module.
# Program to generate a random number between 0 and 9 # import the random module import random print(random.randint(0,9))
Note that, we may get different output because this program generates random number in range 0 and 9. The syntax of this function is:
This returns a number N in the inclusive range [a,b], meaning a <= N <= b, where the endpoints are included in the range.