A simple program that displays “Hello, World!”. It’s often used to illustrate the syntax of the language.
To understand this example, you should have the knowledge of following Python programming topics:
- WHAT IS PYTHON? THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE CODE WITH PYTHON
- HOW DO I GET AND INSTALL PYTHON?
- PYTHON PRIMITIVES – VARIABLES, BUILT-IN DATA TYPES, COMMENTS, SYNTAX, AND SEMANTICS
- CODING APPROACHES IN PYTHON
- STYLE GUIDE FOR PROGRAMMING PYTHON CODE
- ERRORS AND EXCEPTIONS IN PYTHON
# This program prints Hello, world! print('Hello, world!')
In this program, we have used the built-in print() function to print the string Hello, world! on our screen.
A string is a sequence of characters. In Python, strings are enclosed inside single quotes, double quotes or triple quotes (”’, “””).